I was lucky enough to be invited to Walker Books on Saturday the 10th of October, for my first ever blogger event. Walker arranged a 'Regency Tea,' for us book bloggers, to link with Alison Goodman's book- 'The Dark Days Club,' (2016.) They provided us with lots of refreshments, and enlightened us with a great presentation of their upcoming 2016 releases.
I spoke to Nat Luurtsema before the presentations started; she had me in stitches within a few minutes- her personality is lovely. Before Nat spoke, there was a section where Walker spoke about how they pitched for her book, 'Goldfish,' (June 2016.) I found that so interesting; as a lot of people don't realise that publishers do very impressive pitches for some author's books.
Luurtsema is a BAFTA- nominated screenwriter, as she has written a lot of short films; and is staring in 'Florence Foster Jenkins' soon. She talked about her inspiration for her book, and read us a fantastic extract- which again made me ecstatic to read it.
Richard Kurti was up next- talking about screenwriting, and his new book, 'Maladapted.' The extract sounded, (once again), fabulous and intriguing- and I really liked his talk, making everyone feel very reflective. I managed to get a copy of 'Monkey Wars,' which I also cannot wait to start. Kurti's Maladapted will be published in April 2016.
There were also people from Walker talking about some other new releases:
- Hour Of The Bees, (Lindsay Egar, March 2016)
- Martians, (Blythe Woolston, January 2016)
- Twenty Questions For Gloria, (Martyn Bedford, Febuary 2016)
- Shadow Box, (Peter Cocks, March 2016)
- Hell High Water, (Tanya Landman, May 2016)
The Regency Tea was such a good experience for me; it was lovely morning filled with book related chat. I loved meeting Joshua and Zareena- and seeing how many book bloggers there actually are, and how there are even more in our big community. As you can see, there are more books that I have added to my ever growing TBR list. Thanks again to Walker Books for having me!
Regency Tea Haul
- Gypsy Girl, Kathryn James
- Monkey Wars, Richard Kurti
- Body Blow, Peter Cocks
- Long Reach, Peter Cocks
- The Dark Days Club, Alison Goodman, (January 2016)
- Hour of the Bees, Lindsay Edgar, (March 2016)
- Twenty Questions For Gloria, Martyn Bedford, (Febuary 2016)
- Maladapted, Richard Kurti (April 2016)